Salesforce Platform Developer II
The Salesforce Platform Developer II program is designed for individuals who would like to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in advanced programmatic capabilities of the Lightning Platform and data modeling to develop complex business logic and interfaces. The candidate can design, develop, test, and deploy programmatic solutions that are maintainable, reusable, and follow design patterns and object-oriented programming best practices.
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 120 minutes to complete the exam
- 70% score to pass (42 good answers)
- 200 USD registration fee (plus applicable taxes)
- 100 USD retake fee (plus applicable taxes)
- Platform Developer I credential
- Superbadge: Apex Specialist
- Superbadge: Data Integration Specialist
- Superbadge: Advanced Apex Specialist
- Proctored exam delivered onsite a a testing center or in an online proctored environment
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
Salesforce Platform Developer II exam sections
Below are all the sections, which will be tested during the exam.
A candidate should have a hands-on experience and deep understanding of the following areas.
Advanced Developer Fundamentals: 15%
- Demonstrate knowledge of localization and multi-currency features and capabilities and how they affect coding.
- Given a scenario, justify using sharing objects and Apex managed sharing.
- Given a scenario, identify best practices for various types of custom metadata and custom settings, and how to implement required solutions.
Process Automation, Logic, and Integration: 27%
- Given a scenario, identify the considerations of interactions between multiple processes, both declarative and programmatic.
- Given a scenario, propose and justify the optimal programmatic or declarative solution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the best practices for writing Apex triggers.
- Describe the Apex features available for error handling and maintaining transactional integrity.
- Demonstrate how and where to use advanced keywords in a SOQL query structure.
- Analyze a set of requirements and determine the benefits of using asynchronous Apex coding.
- Given a scenario and requirements, identify the appropriate dynamic Apex feature to use in the solution.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate publish / subscribe logic for platform events.
- Given a scenario, apply programmatic integration techniques and platform features for inbound and outbound communication.
User Interface: 20%
- Given requirements and code snippets for a Lightning Web Component or Aura Component and its Apex controller class, analyze and determine necessary changes to the Apex class.
- Identify the techniques for using Visualforce to perform actions, partial page refreshes, and asynchronous operations.
- Given a scenario, identify best practices for displaying errors in the user interface.
- Given a set of requirements, select the appropriate Lightning Web Component, Aura Component, or Visualforce solution and describe its benefits.
- Given a scenario, describe the aspects of Lightning Web Components or Aura Components that can be used to cause elements in a component’s markup to display in a responsive manner based on a device’s form factor.
- Given a scenario, implement the correct method to communicate events through Lightning Web Components or Aura Components.
- Describe the purpose and benefit of static resources in Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, and Aura Components.
Testing, Debugging, and Deployment: 20%
- Apply advanced techniques and tools for testing Apex classes and triggers, such as mocks and stubs.
- Given a scenario, Apex code, Apex trigger, or Apex test that is not executing as expected, apply techniques and tools to isolate and identify the root cause.
- Given a scenario, formulate the deployment process, supporting tools, and mechanisms for source-driven development.
- Identify the common performance issues for user interfaces and demonstrate knowledge of techniques and tools to mitigate them.
- Given a scenario, choose the appropriate logic and query structure to maximize application performance and handle large data volumes.
- Analyze a given scenario and determine performance improvements that can be achieved with an asynchronous callout. Select scenarios where code reuse is applicable and how the reuse should be implemented.
- Given sample code, identify inefficiencies and demonstrate the ability to resolve them.
For the reference: Check Salesforce official Exam Guide.
Our Salesforce course catalogue
Prepared for you By.Heart
Explore our courses to discover a wide range of expertly designed Salesforce training programs, tailored to enhance your skills, boost your knowledge, and prepare you for certification success.
Contact us for any questions about upcoming courses. We can help you to choose a best learning path.
Check out our Udemy Courses
Enjoy the advantages of Udemy’s user-friendly interface, vast course library, and flexible learning options, including on-demand access to course materials, lifetime availability, and a diverse range of content to suit every learning style.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Data Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Architect practice exam