Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect practice exam
The Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect credential is designed for professionals who have the requisite skills and experience in applying DevOps, Application Lifecycle Management and governance topics to Salesforce that support client requirements as well as experience communicating solutions and design trade-offs to business and IT stakeholders.
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 105 minutes to complete the exam
- 65% score to pass (39 good answers)
- 400 USD registration fee (plus applicable taxes)
- 200 USD retake fee (plus applicable taxes)
- No prerequisite
- Proctored exam delivered onsite a a testing center or in an online proctored environment
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
Salesforce Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect exam sections
Below are all the sections, which will be tested during the exam.
A candidate should have a hands-on experience and deep understanding of the following areas.
Application Lifecycle Management: 8%
- Given the project risk and customer requirements, explain how to assess the benefits and risks of the different development methodologies and recommend the appropriate governance strategies based on the customer maturity.
- Given a complex customer scenario, assess Application Lifecycle Management maturity and identify the people, technology, and processes required.
- Understand customer environment risks and articulate appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Given a customer scenario, analyze and recommend the appropriate governance framework.
- Given a customer scenario involving a new Salesforce release (Summer, Winter, Spring), recommend the appropriate strategy to mitigate risks.
System Design: 15%
- Explain the advantages of using agile tools to support an agile development process.
- Given a customer landscape and their requirements, evaluate business, technical and architectural considerations which support the defined org strategy.
- Given a customer scenario, define an environment (sandbox) strategy that utilizes the correct sandbox types. (e.g. multiple project streams, training requirements, staging, production, and hotfixes).
- Given a scenario, compare, contrast and recommend the components and tools of a successful deployment strategy.
- Given a customer scenario, explain how source control branching/versioning/merging can be used and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Describe the appropriate approaches to building test data strategy and unit test to ensure successful code (positive, negative, permission-based, large data volume).
- Given a customer scenario, describe the appropriate development model (org-based vs package-based) and development environment (scratch org vs sandboxes).
- Describe the methods to ensure the delivery of quality code, such as coding standards, pull requests, code review, and static code analysis.
- Given a scenario, describe the capabilities, limitations and considerations when using the Metadata and Tooling APIs for deployment.
- Given a scenario, describe approaches to handle pre and post deployment steps, including items not supported via the APIs.
- Given a scenario, describe approaches to manage and deploy technical reference data.
- Given a customer scenario, describe and recommend an appropriate testing methodology.
- Given a customer testing strategy, describe the appropriate test execution methodology and coverage requirements.
- Given a customer scenario, describe and recommend a unified test data strategy that utilizes representative data in a secure manner throughout the development lifecycle.
- Given a scenario, analyze and explain the use cases and considerations when using managed, unmanaged and unlocked packages.
- Apply map sandbox strategy to a specific Release Plan taking into consideration multiple project streams, training requirements, staging and hotfixes.
- Given a customer scenario, describe and recommend an appropriate release management strategy.
- Given a detailed customer environment scenario including a specific request, explain the implications for incorporating the request directly in a production environment.
- Given a customer scenario where changes are made directly in production, explain the implications on the development lifecycle and steps to integrate changes into Application Lifecycle Management.
- Given a multi-org customer scenario, compare and contrast approaches for managing common release artifacts.
For the reference: Check Salesforce official Exam Guide.
- 120 questions, covering all certification areas
- Detailed explanation of each question
- Real-a-like exam environment to test your knowledge
- References to official Salesforce materials
Benefit from our Salesforce knowledge
Save time and boost your salary with new Salesforce credentials
All course questions come with thorough commentary.
Real exam scenarios
Comprehensive questions, covering all certificate areas as in real exam.
You can go back to your answers and study all relevant and helpful materials to improve.
Exam environment just like in real Salesforce certification exam.
Discover special courses and articles to develop your career path.
Get a better understanding and plan your certification path up to Salesforce CTA.
Up to date
All courses are being updated with newest Salesforce releases 3 times a year.
Get mobile access on your devices to all articles and courses.
Check out our Udemy Courses
Enjoy the advantages of Udemy’s user-friendly interface, vast course library, and flexible learning options, including on-demand access to course materials, lifetime availability, and a diverse range of content to suit every learning style.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Data Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Architect practice exam