Salesforce Business Analyst
The Salesforce Certified Business Analyst exam is designed for Business Analysts with Salesforce experience. The successful candidate understands business needs, captures requirements, and collaborates with stakeholders to support the development of Salesforce solutions which drive business improvements.
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 105 minutes to complete the exam
- 72% score to pass (44 good answers)
- 200 USD registration fee (plus applicable taxes)
- 100 USD retake fee (plus applicable taxes)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator credential
- Proctored exam delivered onsite a a testing center or in an online proctored environment
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
Salesforce Business Analyst exam sections
Below are all the sections, which will be tested during the exam.
A candidate should have a hands-on experience and deep understanding of the following areas.
Customer Discovery: 17%
- Determine business strategies, goals, initiatives, and challenges to define the scope of business analysis.
- Discover how a customer is leveraging and benefiting from Salesforce products to establish the current state.
- Understand and explain Business Analyst roles and responsibilities in different phases of the implementation lifecycle.
- Apply the implementation lifecycle for planning business analysis activities.
- Analyze the customer’s Salesforce environment to identify opportunities and constraints.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Salesforce capabilities and its potential to recommend solutions to the business.
Collaboration with Stakeholders: 24%
- Plan discovery activities based on the target stakeholders to perform a thorough analysis of business needs.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop relationships with them as a trusted advisor to act as a liaison between business and technical teams.
- Given a scenario, choose the most effective technique for eliciting business needs from stakeholders.
- Explain how to move from current state analysis to an agreed future state design.
- Understand how Salesforce features and best practices impact solution options and business processes.
- Given a scenario, manage competing priorities to obtain sign-off from stakeholders.
Business Process Mapping: 16%
- Demonstrate how to define the scope of a complex business process and break it down into manageable steps.
- Apply understanding of hierarchical process mapping to engage stakeholders at different levels of an organization.
- Analyze and document a business process to elicit requirements and identify resources to visualize a future state.
- Apply governance on agreed future state processes to control scope.
- Distinguish between requirements vs. user stories to engage business and technical stakeholders.
- Verify and prioritize existing requirements and identify new requirements to develop the future state.
- Document requirements in a version controlled repository to manage scope.
User Stories: 18%
- Understand the components of a user story to perform thorough analysis.
- Contrast the difference between acceptance criteria vs. definition of done.
- Document user stories in a version controlled repository to manage scope.
User Acceptance: 8%
- Define and prepare the User Acceptance Test plan to confirm the solution meets the business requirements.
- Guide UAT and manage the results to determine whether the solution meets the requirements.
- Given a scenario, make a go/no-go release decision when new business or technical issues arise.
For the reference: Check Salesforce official Exam Guide.
Our Salesforce course catalogue
Prepared for you By.Heart
Explore our courses to discover a wide range of expertly designed Salesforce training programs, tailored to enhance your skills, boost your knowledge, and prepare you for certification success.
Contact us for any questions about upcoming courses. We can help you to choose a best learning path.
Check out our Udemy Courses
Enjoy the advantages of Udemy’s user-friendly interface, vast course library, and flexible learning options, including on-demand access to course materials, lifetime availability, and a diverse range of content to suit every learning style.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Data Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Architect practice exam