Salesforce Platform App Builder
The Salesforce Platform App Builder credential is designed for individuals who would like to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in designing, building, and deploying custom applications using the declarative customization capabilities of the Lightning Platform. The candidate can create, manage, and update data models, application security, business logic, and process automation.
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 105 minutes to complete the exam
- 63% score to pass (38 good answers)
- 200 USD registration fee (plus applicable taxes)
- 100 USD retake fee (plus applicable taxes)
- No prerequisites
- Proctored exam delivered onsite a a testing center or in an online proctored environment
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
Salesforce Platform App Builder exam sections
Below are all the sections, which will be tested during the exam.
A candidate should have a hands-on experience and deep understanding of the following areas.
Salesforce Fundamentals: 23%
- Given a scenario, identify the boundaries of declarative customization and the use cases for programmatic customization.
- Identify common scenarios for extending an org using the AppExchange.
- Apply features and capabilities available to restrict and extend object, record, and field access.
- Given a set of business requirements, determine the appropriate sharing solution.
- Identify the features and capabilities available when creating reports, report types, and dashboards.
- Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate global, object-specific actions and layouts to optimize the Salesforce mobile user experience.
- Describe the customizations and use cases for Chatter.
Data Modeling and Management: 22%
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate data model.
- Given a scenario, explain the capabilities of the various relationship types and the implications of each on record access, user interface, and reporting.
- Given a scenario, determine the considerations when selecting or changing a field data type.
- Explain the capabilities and considerations of the schema builder.
- Given a scenario, determine the options and considerations when importing and exporting data, including the capabilities of external data sources.
Business Logic and Process Automation: 28%
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of formula fields to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities, use cases, and implications of roll-up summary fields.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate the use of validation rules to meet stated business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for approval processes.
- Given a scenario, determine the capabilities and use cases for workflow, Flow, and Process Builder.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution to automate business processes while avoiding errors in automation.
User Interface: 17%
- Describe the user interface customization options.
- Demonstrate the capabilities and use cases for custom buttons, links, and actions.
- Given a scenario, determine the declarative options available for incorporating Lightning Components in an application.
- Describe the programmatic customizations available for incorporating custom Lightning Components in an application.
App Deployment: 10%
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution for key milestones and considerations when managing the application lifecycle and various types of Sandboxes.
- Given a use case, demonstrate knowledge, viability, and troubleshooting when using change sets. Describe the use cases and considerations when using unmanaged and managed packages.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate deployment plan.
For the reference: Check Salesforce official Exam Guide.
Our Salesforce course catalogue
Prepared for you By.Heart
Explore our courses to discover a wide range of expertly designed Salesforce training programs, tailored to enhance your skills, boost your knowledge, and prepare you for certification success.
Contact us for any questions about upcoming courses. We can help you to choose a best learning path.
Check out our Udemy Courses
Enjoy the advantages of Udemy’s user-friendly interface, vast course library, and flexible learning options, including on-demand access to course materials, lifetime availability, and a diverse range of content to suit every learning style.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Data Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Architect practice exam