Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
The Salesforce Platform Developer I credential is intended for individuals who have knowledge, skills, and experience in building custom applications on the Lightning Platform.
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 105 minutes to complete the exam
- 68% score to pass (41 good answers)
- 200 USD registration fee (plus applicable taxes)
- 100 USD retake fee (plus applicable taxes)
- No prerequisite
- Proctored exam delivered onsite a a testing center or in an online proctored environment
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
Salesforce Platform Developer I exam sections
Below are all the sections, which will be tested during the exam.
A candidate should have a hands-on experience and deep understanding of the following areas.
Developer Fundamentals: 23%
- Understand multi-tenant concepts and design frameworks, such as MVC architecture and Lightning Component Framework.
- Given a scenario, identify common use cases and best practices for declarative versus programmatic customizations, including governor limits, formula fields, and roll-up summaries.
- Given a scenario, determine, create, and access the appropriate data model including objects, fields, relationships, and external IDs.
- Given a scenario, identify the options and considerations when importing and exporting data into development environments.
Process Automation and Logic: 30%
- Identify the capabilities of the declarative process automation features.
- Declare variables, constants, methods, and use modifiers and Apex interfaces.
- Given a scenario, use and apply Apex control flow statements.
- Given a scenario, write SOSL, SOQL, and DML statements in Apex.
- Given a scenario, follow best practices to write Apex classes and triggers.
- Given a scenario, identify the implications of governor limits on Apex transactions.
- Describe the relationship between Apex transactions, the save order of execution, and the potential for recursion and/or cascading.
- Implement exception handling in Apex, including custom exceptions as needed.
- Given a scenario, use declarative functionality and Apex together to automate business logic.
User Interface: 25%
- Given a scenario, display content or modify Salesforce data using a Visualforce page and the appropriate controllers or extensions as needed.
- Describe the Lightning Component framework, its benefits, and the types of content that can be contained in a Lightning web component.
- Given a scenario, prevent user interface and data access security vulnerabilities. Given a scenario, display and use a custom user interface components, including Lightning Components, Flow, and Visualforce.
- Describe the use cases for Lightning Web Component events.
- Given a scenario, implement Apex to work with various types of page components, including Lightning Components, Flow, Next Best Actions, etc.
Testing, Debugging, and Deployment: 22%
- Write and execute tests for triggers, controllers, classes, flows, and processes using various sources of test data.
- Given a scenario, know how and when to use the Salesforce Developer tools such as Salesforce DX, Salesforce CLI, and Developer Console.
- Describe how to approach debugging system issues and monitoring flows, processes, and asynchronous and batch jobs, etc.
- Describe the environments, requirements, and process for deploying code and associated configurations.
For the reference: Check Salesforce official Exam Guide.
What’s included in our course?
- 120 questions, covering all certification areas
- Detailed explanation of each question
- Real-a-like exam environment to test your knowledge
- References to official Salesforce materials
Sneak peak to our course content
Check out our Udemy Courses
Enjoy the advantages of Udemy’s user-friendly interface, vast course library, and flexible learning options, including on-demand access to course materials, lifetime availability, and a diverse range of content to suit every learning style.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Data Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect practice exam
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Architect practice exam